Welcome to the Back to School Blog and Twitter party!
I’m partnering with Notes from the Cookie Jar for a fun weekend of blogging and tweeting. Here’s how to participate:
1) Answer any, all or one of the following questions in a blog post on your blog, flickr account, or youtube video:
- How is “Back to School” going for your family?
- Is school lunch important part of your child’s day?
- What is school lunch like at your school or your child’s school?
- Does school lunch need to be reformed?
- Do you pack lunch for your kids and what do you pack?
- Do you write notes in your kid’s lunches and what do you write?
- What are some of your favorite lunch recipes (kid-friendly or adult-friendly)?
- What are some great beverages for kids and adults?
- What is a traditional food item that you have made even more healthy and how did you do it?
- How much time should kids get to eat lunch?
- What are some products that you use when you pack lunch?
2) Link your blog post to the linky widget below (at the very bottom of this post).
3) Come back over the next couple days and review the links of other bloggers (as well as those on Karen’s blog: Notes from a Cookie Jar) and make ONE comment citing THREE things you found interesting. If you can’t find three things you learned from the other blogger’s blogs, please note that. One of the three things can be that you signed Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution petition for better food in schools.
4) I’ll close the blog party on midnight on Sunday August 29th. You have the entire weekend!
Blog Party Prizes:
Sponsor: Whole Foods Market
Prize: $50 gift card
Open to: US and Canadian mailing addresses.
About the sponsor: We seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too. If you are interested in learning about our business practices and what makes us tick, check out our Core Values, Quality Standards, Declaration of Interdependence, and more. Around here, we often talk about our mission in terms of Whole Foods – Whole People – Whole Planet.
Open to: US and Canadian mailing addresses
About the sponsor: WaterGeeks is helping turn the global water crisis upside down by empowering consumers with compelling new water consumption choices that embrace both their active lifestyles and their ecological beliefs.
Sponsor: Mrs. Q
Prizes: Select books related to lunch sent along with a little note from me
Open to: US and Canadian mailing addresses only
About the sponsor: I’m offering books about how to make better lunches for your family. I have read Lunch Lessons and it is terrific. The other books look like ones I should check out.
If you check out Notes From a Cookie Jar
, you’ll notice right away that she has some major prizes too! A BIG THANKS to her for being organized and helping me coordinate prizes!
I hope you will be able to join us this weekend! I can’t wait to read your blogs and see what you think about school lunch! I will select winners at random, but remember to win you must: 1) Write a blog post, take a picture or record a video about school lunch 2) Link it below 3) Comment on this post.
Lunch Revolution Twitter party
On Friday night August 27 at 8 PM CST/ 9PM EST I’ll be tweeting with Karen, from @scatteredmom
and Notes from a Cookie Jar,
about school lunch and going back to school. I hope you be able to tweet along using the hash tag #schoollunch #lunchrevolution
We will be discussing school lunch. I will post discussion questions and feel free to ask your questions too! The twitter party is another way for you to connect with people who care about school lunch reform and meet some new folks who you may not have known about before.
If you have never participated in a Twitter party, here is a Tweet Grid
that will help you follow along even if you don’t have a twitter account. Click on that link to real-time tweets using the hash tags #schoollunch #lunchrevolution and ones that mention my Twitter ID @fedupwithlunch and @scatteredmom
Twitter Party Prizes:
Prize: Blog banner redesign valued at $250
Open to: International bloggers
About the sponsor: DesignFaire provides full service consulting, from domain registration, hosting, web design, development, search engine optimization, to training. Our goal is to build compelling, easy-to-use websites. Their process is collaborative and client-centered. Expect an engaging development process that has you in mind.
Sponsor: Sprig Toys, @sprigtoys
Prize: Dolphin Explorer Boat
Open to: US mailing addresses only
About the sponsor: Sprig Toys, Inc., is an eco-friendly company dedicated to making the best toys the right way. Inspired by our collective desire to keep kids active and the planet healthy, Team Sprig is dedicated to infusing creativity, smart design, quality manufacturing, earth-friendly materials, product satisfaction and responsible business practices into a superior line of fun, kid-powered toys. We help make the world a better place and we get kids off the couch.
Sponsor: Mrs. Q
Prizes: $15 iTunes giftcard and $25 Target giftcard
Open to: US and Canadian mailing addresses
Prizes to be given out randomly every 15 minutes to those with thought-provoking tweets. It’s my sincere hope that the prizes offered reflect the broad scope of readers who have different interests including parents, teachers, students, nutritionists, bloggers, and foodies from various age groups. I can’t wait to hear all about what you think about school lunch. Don’t forget to use one or both of the hashtags #schoollunch or #lunchrevolution so that I can see what you are saying.
Let’s get this party started!