Welcome to the Back to School Blog and Twitter party!
I’m partnering with Notes from the Cookie Jar for a fun weekend of blogging and tweeting. Here’s how to participate:
- How is “Back to School” going for your family?
- Is school lunch important part of your child’s day?
- What is school lunch like at your school or your child’s school?
- Does school lunch need to be reformed?
- Do you pack lunch for your kids and what do you pack?
- Do you write notes in your kid’s lunches and what do you write?
- What are some of your favorite lunch recipes (kid-friendly or adult-friendly)?
- What are some great beverages for kids and adults?
- What is a traditional food item that you have made even more healthy and how did you do it?
- How much time should kids get to eat lunch?
- What are some products that you use when you pack lunch?
2) Link your blog post to the linky widget below (at the very bottom of this post).
3) Come back over the next couple days and review the links of other bloggers (as well as those on Karen’s blog: Notes from a Cookie Jar) and make ONE comment citing THREE things you found interesting. If you can’t find three things you learned from the other blogger’s blogs, please note that. One of the three things can be that you signed Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution petition for better food in schools.
4) I’ll close the blog party on midnight on Sunday August 29th. You have the entire weekend!
Blog Party Prizes:
Sponsor: Whole Foods Market
Prize: Blog banner redesign valued at $250
Open to: International bloggers
About the sponsor: DesignFaire provides full service consulting, from domain registration, hosting, web design, development, search engine optimization, to training. Our goal is to build compelling, easy-to-use websites. Their process is collaborative and client-centered. Expect an engaging development process that has you in mind.
About the sponsor: Sprig Toys, Inc., is an eco-friendly company dedicated to making the best toys the right way. Inspired by our collective desire to keep kids active and the planet healthy, Team Sprig is dedicated to infusing creativity, smart design, quality manufacturing, earth-friendly materials, product satisfaction and responsible business practices into a superior line of fun, kid-powered toys. We help make the world a better place and we get kids off the couch.
Sponsor: Mrs. Q
Prizes: $15 iTunes giftcard and $25 Target giftcard
Open to: US and Canadian mailing addresses
Prizes to be given out randomly every 15 minutes to those with thought-provoking tweets. It’s my sincere hope that the prizes offered reflect the broad scope of readers who have different interests including parents, teachers, students, nutritionists, bloggers, and foodies from various age groups. I can’t wait to hear all about what you think about school lunch. Don’t forget to use one or both of the hashtags #schoollunch or #lunchrevolution so that I can see what you are saying.