A dear friend of mine just came back from living abroad for more than six months. It has been nice to catch up with her, but there hasn’t been the right moment for me to tell her about the blog project. We’ve met up and hung out and the other day we chatted on the […]
Summer is just a couple months away. The kids need a break (teachers too). But what am I going to do with the blog? Get ready… I want be a lunch lady and blog about it. Oh yes. This idea poses some challenges because school will be out of session. I think there will be […]
I’m looking for your thoughts. Since this blog has evolved into more than just a daily chronicle of school lunch at my school, I want your feedback on what you like, what you don’t, what you want more of and what you want to see less frequently. All comments that are personal attacks will be […]
I have been careful not to disclose my identity, my school, the district, or the food vendor. In case I haven’t been clear before: I like my school and the district. I love what I do and I chose where I work for many reasons. Names are left out because this is not about individuals. […]
I’m just worn out. I don’t want to eat any more school lunches. I’ve lost the pleasure of eating lunch, the little respite in the middle of the day. I’m tired of the food. I wish I had more control over what I’m eating…. The first month of the project it was “fun” thinking about […]
One day last week I wore a pair of pants to work that I bought for $5 (online and on sale). I love to get a bargain when I shop for clothes. I know full well that I’ll probably get a year out of them and that’ll be it. It has taken me most of my life to […]
What exactly is your school lunch project? I’m eating school lunch just like the kids every day in 2010 to raise awareness about what students eat every day. My hope is that the US becomes more reflective about how the food children eat affects their well-being and success in school. I certainly do not speak […]
I’m changing the project’s name to “Fed up with lunch: the school lunch project.” It aligns directly with my twitter account and email address.
Connect with Mrs Q
- Mrs Q: Navigating the school environment is a whole new a...
- Katie: I am in awe of the strict food guidelines at Charl...
- Mrs Q: I want to get him tested but now that he's gluten...
- Mrs Q: Thank you for your input. I didn't realize. I'm ...
- AmyRyb: This is none of my business, clearly, but have you...
- My Son’s School Food Update January 18, 2015
- What is a meal? January 7, 2015
- Fail Cukes For The Win! December 30, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Packed Lunches for Grown Ups! December 14, 2014
- November Book Giveaway — Last Winner! Plus More… December 1, 2014