Today’s menu: creamy bow tie pasta, green beans, pear, bread, butter, cookie That was actually really good. Tasty even. A new menu item, well, that’s pretty rare. I wonder why they decided to debut it so late in the year — bring it back next year, it was good. The pear was an amazing color. […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, spinach, breadstick, pear I smiled. Seeing the pasta on the tray was like greeting a friend. It was the first meal I had way back on Day 1. It’s hard to believe that I’ve eaten this much school food and lasted this long. Frankly, I thought for sure I would […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, salad, orange, bread (tampon) stick Here, here for pasta! It was the first meal I ate way back at the start of this here wacky experiment and here I am still eating some of it. I’m liking this strikeout feature all of a sudden…. I remain a committed fan […]
Today’s menu: cheese ravioli, spinach, bread, applesauce The cheese ravioli looked and tasted exactly like a Michelina’s microwave meal. I say that as a compliment. I spent years eating microwave meals for lunch (and for about half the week my husband still does). Compared to yesterday’s meal, this meal is positively refreshing. Pasta has always been a comfort […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce (or meat sauce with pasta), spinach, pear, “soft” breadstick Yeah for spinach! Another new thing. It tasted good to me even though it didn’t seem to be seasoned at all. Thankfully you can’t overheat it to bitterness like collard greens. Unfortunately if the kids don’t know that it’s not […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, peas and carrots, apple, goldfish crackers (milk not pictured – lactose -intolerant) So the pasta wasn’t terrible (I have always said that I enjoy pasta). Taste is not the best judge of quality sometimes (do you agree with that statement?). I just wonder, “What am I eating?” If you […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, breadstick, broccoli, orange I was pleased that it was pasta today. Tasted fine to me. Rubbery would be how I would describe the breadstick though. Upon entering my mouth the broccoil promptly disintegrated into mush. It was like the broccoli collapsed from the long journey onto the bed of […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, peas, breadstick, fruit jello I know that many schools are done or almost done. Just so you know, I still have a couple more weeks. When I’m done with the school year, I’m going to need a stiff drink. Who wants to take me out for a shot or […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Abby: Doesn't not feeding your child constitute as chil...
- nick: School Lunches should government expose restrictio...
- Carl Joe Wright: I strongly agree with your statement" You know wh...
- hello i am a salty pancake: i am a salty pancake i should be on the lunch menu...
- Tobi Lowe: I think kids should be aloud to carry waterbottles...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013