Five months down… May stats:19 school lunches eaten:(3 – pizza lunches) (3 – burger-like lunches)(5 – chicken lunches) (1 – hot dog lunch)(2 – pasta lunches)(1 – cheese sandwich)(1 – bean burrito)(1 – meatball sub)(1 – chili)(1 – turkey) …(6 – fruit cups)(7 – carrots) (3 – apples)(2 – bananas) (3 – beans)(3 – broccoli)(3 […]
And the winner of May’s Titanium Spork Award is…. Lisa Suriano of Veggiecation (also on Twitter) She received the most votes in the poll. Veggiecation is “a curriculum based lunch program that introduces young children to the wonderfully delicious and nutritious world of vegetables.” I really like seeing what Veggiecation is doing to help kids eat better […]
Most of you are already on your way out of town for the weekend. I love to drive in general, but I especially enjoy it if I’m going on a trip. Sometimes when I’m driving to work I want to just keep driving until I run out of gas to see where I’d end up. […]
Today’s menu: pasta with meat sauce, peas, breadstick, fruit jello I know that many schools are done or almost done. Just so you know, I still have a couple more weeks. When I’m done with the school year, I’m going to need a stiff drink. Who wants to take me out for a shot or […]
Today’s menu: chicken nuggets, carrots, bread, mixed fruit cup, milk The blinding blue chicken nugget glare is from florescent light and outside light coming in and hitting the leftover bit of plastic on the container. It’s like they just got blessed by a higher power. Let’s hope so for my sake. Guess what? I drank […]
Hi, I’m Dr. Susan Rubin. My journey as a school food advocate has been long and full of interesting twists and turns. I’ve been at this since my youngest child hit 2nd grade, she’s now a sophomore in college. Along the way, my advocacy work was featured in a movie, Two Angry Moms ( http://www.angrymoms.org/ […]
Today’s menu: pizza, carrots, orange, pretzels Pizza again. It is basically once a week so it shouldn’t be a surprise. I was happy about the orange and the carrots. I did not use ranch on the pizza this time! I think the pizza looks really good in this picture… *** When I first started the […]
Debra Eschmeyer is an Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy Food and Society Fellow and the Marketing and Outreach Director of the National Farm to School Network. On Twitter: http://twitter.com/farmtoschool Let’s Move Child Nutrition By Debra Eschmeyer Can you show the Mom-in-Chief how motivated we are to pass the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act? Back in […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- blazy76: sorry to hear about your job worries. I would like...
- Marcia Powell: Sarah, You have so many talents, and you took o...
- Shawna: I'm not a fan of the boomerang lunch program - fo...
- Chicago's School Lunch Hero - Organic Connections: […] in the cafeteria of the public school wh...
- Monica Marble: I just wanted to echo the sentiments regarding not...
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013
- Two Years Ago Today Mrs Q Revealed + A Giveaway! October 5, 2013
- Guest Blog: Foer’s Virtual Visits September 16, 2013
- Being reflective September 16, 2013