I’m Heather, an Ohio transplant who moved to the South for love and warm winters. I write on health and fitness as well as Strongman competition at GenXXL.com. Twitter: @heathergenxxl Do your kids eat veggies? Do they ask for them? I have three small children, ages 5, 3, and 2, with a fourth on the […]
Three months down… March stats:17 school lunches eaten:(4 – pizza lunches) (3 – burger-like lunches)(3 – chicken lunches) (2 – chili lunches)(1 – hot dog lunch)(1 – pasta lunch)(1 – cheese croissant)(1 – cheese lasagna)(1 – mac and cheese) … (7 – fruit cups)(6 – carrots!) (2 – pears)(2 – bananas!) (2 – beans)(2 – […]
Today’s menu: pizza, carrots, fruit cup, cookies, milk Pizza. Again. I try to put on a happy face when I’m getting lunch in the cafeteria. It’s getting harder. I mean, I have to pretend that I’m eating the lunches because I like them….a lot. If I pull this whole project off, I should be nominated […]
The past two weeks have been pretty exciting for the blog. Two weeks ago I was interviewed for AOL Health and that article was featured on Yahoo!’s homepage. Um, Hi new readers! Then last week I was interviewed by Juju Chang and featured on Good Morning America (GMA). Juju Chang flew out to Chicago to […]
Hello from Washington State! As an elementary school teacher and foodie, I’ve been reading Mrs. Q’s blog with curiosity, but have never taken the plunge in eating my school lunch…until today. I had a surprising number of choices for lunch: cheese pizza was the featured item, but a corndog, bean/cheese burrito, and yogurt/blueberry muffin/string cheese […]
Today’s menu: hamburger, whole wheat buns, tater tots, fruit jello, milk I ate everything. Good thing I didn’t forget the ketchup. I just slathered that patty with ketchup to get it down. I’m basically beef-free in my “real” life so this is a big adjustment. I will not be eating beef hamburgers ever again after […]
I’m just worn out. I don’t want to eat any more school lunches. I’ve lost the pleasure of eating lunch, the little respite in the middle of the day. I’m tired of the food. I wish I had more control over what I’m eating…. The first month of the project it was “fun” thinking about […]
***Our news guest blogger: Brandon Smith twitter.com/greenletters is back to share the latest in school lunch news. *** This week I’ve seen an incredible uptick of the use of the Twitter hashtag #foodrevolution. You and I know it’s bigger than Mr. Oliver’s show. In part it’s fueled by the fact that this week, the traditional […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Seriously You\'d Take Food From Kids: Ahem, all you screeching about how these horrid, h...
- Lunches From Home Banned by Federal Government??? | orgstrat: […] Banning home lunches | Fed Up With Lunch...
- Valerie: Two years, already . . . You did a wonderful thing...
- Caroline Taylor: What a question. I have been in a sort of similar ...
- Casey Maher: Is it too late to enter? I am currently a dietetic...
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013
- Two Years Ago Today Mrs Q Revealed + A Giveaway! October 5, 2013
- Guest Blog: Foer’s Virtual Visits September 16, 2013
- Being reflective September 16, 2013