I guess I’m a flip-flopper. Appropriate since people are already campaigning. I’ve discussed my dislike of fruit cups because of added sugar and the syrup. But I might be coming around to fruit and veggie preservation. Taking on the CSA box of veggies every other week has made me more aware of the seasonality of fruits […]
I’ve got news. My son is attending a new day care. While we have really loved a lot about the old place, I ended up checking out a new place about five months ago. I liked it, but I wasn’t ready to uproot my son. This summer I wasn’t super thrilled with his day care. […]
Thanks to everyone who responded to my survey “Eating lunch.” A whopping 541 people completed the survey! Here are the results: 1. Do you eat lunch every day? (Answered question = 523) Yes 89.3% (467) No 10.7% (56) Other (31) — People responding “other” told me that sometimes you forget, are too busy, or you might eat a […]
There is a nameless, faceless epidemic in our country. It’s called hunger. According to Feeding America, 16.6% of Americans are food insecure. That’s more than 50 million Americans. It’s hard for me to wrap my brain around that number. But it’s happening, in urban centers and in rural parts of our country. What does “food insecurity” really mean? […]
Edited to add: I have had this post queued up for awhile — finally decided to publish it even though it’s super weird… Flashback. June 2011. It was the last couple days of school. Kids were gone. I was cleaning my room and boxing up tons of stuff. I wiped surfaces and peered at items on […]
I’m going on vacation for a few days. I briefly considered blogging while I’m gone, but I won’t have reliable internet where I’m going taking a break is healthy. I need a short rest before what could be the busiest months I’ve experienced all year. Before I leave, I wanted to share this amazing article that was in […]
Here’s what we got! A pepper, a cucumber, another white eggplant, a bunch of carrots, fennel (?) Bag of greens, bag of basil, green onions (hiding), micellaneous corn, a paper bag with…. ~Ten tomatoes Eight ears of corn! Closer look at the bag of greens, an onion, a yellow squash, a pepper (any guesses […]
I haven’t shared any interesting links in awhile. Here’s what I’ve been reading: School Food: (Up!) Help bring The Food Network to New Haven (NH School Food) — Please vote for Chef Tim’s Food Truck to win some money and press from The Food Network! (Up!) Kid Safe Lunch Gear (Feed Our Families) — For […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Abby: Doesn't not feeding your child constitute as chil...
- nick: School Lunches should government expose restrictio...
- Carl Joe Wright: I strongly agree with your statement" You know wh...
- hello i am a salty pancake: i am a salty pancake i should be on the lunch menu...
- Tobi Lowe: I think kids should be aloud to carry waterbottles...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013