Today’s menu: pizza, salad, fruit cup The last lunch. I never thought I’d make it this far. I was convinced even to the very last lunch that I would get found out. How is is possible that no one discovered me? I’m searching for an answer. Months and months ago, back in March, I chatted […]
Today’s menu: chicken nuggets, broccoli, fruit cup, bread and butter I never thought I’d feel relieved to see chicken nuggets on the tray, but after yesterday’s lunch I felt almost happy. They didn’t taste half-bad, but I did a double take. I couldn’t remember if before I’d had four and now it was three. Looking back I […]
Today’s menu: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, juice, fruit cup Oh My God! It’s baaaack!! I guess the universe decided to stick it to me one last time before 2010 ended. How appropriate that I’m eating this meal on the day that President Obama signed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (Child Nutrition Act) into law! You can […]
Today’s lunch: pizza, carrots, popcorn chips, fruit cup (see below — it didn’t get in the first shot) I’m, like, so sick of pizza, dude. But I ate it anyway (SEVEN MORE LUNCHES TO GO). It tasted ok. I’m trying to think positive now. I’m mostly successful. Today I felt a lot of joy. I’m […]
Today’s menu: bagel dog, fries, fruit cup I smelled it. About 20 feet from the cafeteria, I smelled dough. And then the aroma of hot dog followed. Gulp. One of the lunch ladies offered me a choice: bagel dog or chili. I could have chosen the chili, but another teacher just bought the chili in front of me. […]
Today’s menu: chicken nuggets, collard greens, fruit cups, cornbread muffin NUGGETS! Get your nuggets while you can! Going fast! I chowed down. I was so hungry, I barely even remember entering the cafeteria and buying my lunch. All I could see was FOOD and I was ready to eat it. Since I plan to never again eat […]
Today’s menu: salisbury steak, spinach, bread, fruit cup Processed meat…yummy… it’s hard to choke it down, but I ate the whole patty. I’m able to do that because I make sure I’m really hungry at lunch. Some of you have wondered if I pack my own lunch in addition to buying school lunch. You don’t […]
Today’s menu: patty melt (whole wheat bread), baked beans, fruit cup, popcorn chips I took the meat out of the sandwich and ate that. There was cheese on the patty of which I neglected to take a picture. The cheese had soaked into the bread quite a bit. Putting the patty melt in a plastic bag (crossing […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- ENGAGING COMMUNITY: ART AND FOOD IN BALTIMORE CITY | SEAJ: […] “Fed Up with Lunch” Accessed March 1...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Kay: This is an interesting article. You can ask a thou...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013