Two months down… February Stats:16 school lunches eaten:(3 – burger-like lunches)(3 – chicken lunches) (2 – pizza lunches)(2 – chili lunches)(2 – hot dog lunches)(2 – pasta lunches)(1 – cheese croissant)(1 – meatball sub)…(6 – fruit cups)(3 – oranges) (3 – green beans)(3 – tater tots)(2 – baby carrots)(2 – apples)(2 – pears)(2 – beans)(2 […]
I backed off interview requests this month due to my own paranoia about losing my job, but I had agreed to an email interview in January so I finally followed through with that just a bit ago. You can read this fun interview here: Q & A: Mrs. Q Is Fed Up With School Lunch […]
Readers have commented about scheduling school lunch in relation to recess and how it’s better to have recess before lunch…. Um… Tell me again what this “recess” is that you speak of? My school doesn’t have recess. The kids get gym once a week. That’s it. (Revised: the preschoolers get recess but not in the […]
Today’s menu: pizza, carrots, fruit cup, ranch dressing, milk Pizza again. Not as good as the “french bread” pizza. Cheese pizza was the only choice today. Meat was not on the menu at all. I’m wondering if it’s because of Lent. There is a vegetarian (or non-meat) option every day. If you want that food […]
Today’s menu: chicken teriyaki, rice (!) with peas (!) and egg bits (!), corn, two slices bread, butter, peach fruit cup I love Japanese food. So when I stabbed the plastic covering with my spork, I was surprised that the aroma smelled like teriyaki. But upon biting into the chicken, it did not taste like […]
I went to the doctor today. I have gained one pound in two months. But keep in mind that I’m no angel outside of work. For example, we just had Valentine’s Day and I ate a lot some chocolates. I also want to let you know that in December I did have blood taken, I […]
Today’s menu: bagel dog (turkey), tater tots, apple, milk That’s what I had for lunch today… A dear friend of mine had a family member who owned an apple orchard. Many years ago she saw me eating an apple at lunch. She told me, “Never eat around the stem because when they spray, the pesticide […]
Today’s menu: rib-b-que (“all beef patty” with bbq sauce), whole wheat bun, peach fruit cup, beans, milk I have eaten more beef over the past two months than I ate the whole year of 2009. In fact, I never purchase beef at the grocery store. It does not appeal to me. The only times I […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Joyce: I use my Vitamix blender every morning to make smo...
- Melissa: I <3 my Vitamix. It complements the stick blend...
- Diana Cote: I love my blender. This would be a great addition....
- Sara: How did you earn the money? I would love to have ...
- Big Poppa Cook: It seems as if you enjoy reading cookbooks. Why no...
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015
- Keep fit with incentives November 4, 2015