Life is moving forward here, little by little. My son’s kindergarten year is going well. Last year Charlie was in a private kindergarten on a farm. Public kindergarten has been an education for him in many ways. He does say, “I don’t like school,” a lot. It’s tough to hear, but we don’t have a choice […]
**I’m home with the boys on a snow day and I got to thinking…This is a photo of yummy summer food** Is a meal a piece of toast gobbled down while driving to work? Is a meal a replacement shake popped open and drunk at an office desk? Is a meal a simple summer snack […]
Over the summer I planted a little garden (aka “a test plot”) to see if I could grow anything successfully. Although I had mixed results, I’m hooked. It is so fun to go into your garden and pick random delicious tidbits whenever you want. The boys just loved picking carrots and mint and gnawing on […]
One of my husband’s favorite gluten breads Lunch is such a pain of a meal to plan. I think it’s actually worse to pack my own lunch than Charlie’s. I do my best to make a good one for myself, but I still slip up. I went through a phase that I bought several gluten free microwave […]
For the last book giveaway in November, I’m going big: two cookbooks from Weelicious!! I’m so excited to share these books with you! I think that they are perfect for a family that is struggling with picky eaters as well as a family that has great eaters, but is ready to try some new recipes! […]
Next up for November is: “Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes.” I received a copy of this book over a year ago and I didn’t blog about it. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to share it with you. Instead, I was overwhelmed by family stuff last year. Then my step-mom saw that […]
Dr. Brian Wansink is at it again with some more amazing research. When I last heard about him, he was researching school lunch lines. He found that when chocolate milk was placed in the back of the cooler instead of the front, more children took white milk without complaining. He also found that if a fruit was […]
- I considered not voting on Tuesday. – I considered not voting because I don’t relate with anyone running. – I considered not voting because I’m not a white male. – I considered not voting because I’m exhausted. – I considered not voting because I don’t have a lot of money and I have an […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Becky: Do you think your son may have simply outgrown any...
- Mrs Q: Navigating the school environment is a whole new a...
- Katie: I am in awe of the strict food guidelines at Charl...
- Mrs Q: I want to get him tested but now that he's gluten...
- Mrs Q: Thank you for your input. I didn't realize. I'm ...
- My Son’s School Food Update January 18, 2015
- What is a meal? January 7, 2015
- Fail Cukes For The Win! December 30, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Packed Lunches for Grown Ups! December 14, 2014
- November Book Giveaway — Last Winner! Plus More… December 1, 2014