I’m wiped out after eating school food in 2010. I can’t really muster enough strength to think about my goals for 2011. I did write some goals for 2010 and I want to share with you how I wrote them. I write yearly, personal resolutions (and that’s when I got the idea for this blog a year ago!!) and make sure they […]
From Working Mother Nov/Dec 2010 I hope you are having a terrific holiday with your family and loved ones. I’m excited to have all my favorite people in one room. This happens only once a year, if we’re lucky, and my son is so happy being the center of it all. What special foods are you eating […]
My favorite thing about this picture? The neck rolls.My least favorite thing? He has grown out of that sweater in the three weeks since we put the tree up. Thank you readers for following me along on this journey. I ate school lunch all year for my students. I think about them a lot when […]
Tomato soup everywhere My mom remarked, “I can’t drive at night.”Me, “Why not?”My mom, “I have a padiddle.” I could not be more excited about the holidays. All I can think about is seeing my sister who I haven’t seen since July and the luxury of having my mom here for days on end. Of course […]
A friend reminded me, “It’s your little guy’s third Christmas!” I almost didn’t believe her. Wow. He should be an old pro at this now. Our little guy doesn’t understand Santa. That’s fine with me. I have avoided the topic completely because I don’t want him to be scared by the idea of a weird man coming into our house. […]
The past six months have been pretty tough with cancer diagnoses in two relatives and two family friends. I can assure you that it wasn’t massive cupcake binges that caused cancer in these healthy, terrific people. In fact, I would say that they eat very well and exercise frequently. In today’s previous post, I was trying […]
I was driving to work and listening to the radio 10 days ago. It was the “Holiday Lite” station. (I’ve had to ease up on the audiobooks, which have always been the standard during my commute, and go back to music ever since I started listening to Omnivore’s Dilemma. For a few weeks I felt down when I […]
I’ve been on a popcorn binge. I’ve always been a big fan of popcorn ever since I was a little girl and I would eat it whenever I watched tennis with my grandmother. We would sit on her fuzzy brown couch in the den and watch Navratilova or McEnroe. This week while writing the posts and […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- ENGAGING COMMUNITY: ART AND FOOD IN BALTIMORE CITY | SEAJ: […] “Fed Up with Lunch” Accessed March 1...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Kay: This is an interesting article. You can ask a thou...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013