One of my friends works at a school that offers “teachers’ salads” at lunch time. She is able to spend $3.00 and she gets a salad. I don’t know the specifics about how the program works, but teachers sign up ahead of time to be part of the program. A teacher can’t just waltz into […]
Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/nfs:/tmp:/usr/local:/etc/apache2/gs-bin) in /nfs/c09/h03/mnt/133888/domains/fedupwithlunch.com/html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 591
Pancakes, fruit cup, milk (syrup not pictured) I like that you can tell the breakfast was carried in a sack: all the little pancakes fell to one side! I’m not really feeling this breakfast. Aside from the milk there isn’t a lot of protein. The pancakes are adorable, but I don’t think they are packing […]
Banana (top), “pink” yogurt, grahams Surprisingly, I reviewed the ingredients in the yogurt and guess what? No artificial flavors (No Red #40!). Well, knock me over with a feather. File under: don’t judge a book by its cover. A good reminder for me, especially. I’m encouraged by this breakfast. Real fruit, yogurt and some graham […]
My official blog consultant is my sister. She read the post I wrote earlier in the week and told me she cringed. Then she said, “You can’t say things like that. It’s not PC.” I have removed the post. I’m sorry if some of you were offended by what I said in Tuesday’s post about […]
Frosted Chocolate Mini-Wheats, juice, string cheese, milk Chocolate mini-wheats for breakfast? Really? Parents need to know this kinda thing. That’s why I started the school lunch project last year: I wanted an anonymous public record of the school lunches in my school. Through this blog I was able to give people a view of school […]
Apple cinnamon graham crackers, string cheese, OJ and milk Today’s breakfast example appears to be a little on the small side. I guess it would be small for an adult, but not a child. Yesterday morning I was running late and only had time to grab a KIND bar as I was leaving the house. So […]
Cornflakes, string cheese (far left), milk, OJ Kids are not offered chocolate milk for breakfast; the only option is white milk. My students like cereal and I’m happy that the string cheese is there. When I’m at home eating breakfast in the morning, I’ll eat cereal by itself most of the time. Instead of cheese, I’ll eat fruit with my […]
Pancake on a stick, orange juice, and syrup One kid deconstructed his breakfast What the…? That was my reaction the first time I saw this breakfast. I also didn’t look too closely at the package of syrup and for a split second I wondered if the kids were squeezing honey onto their corn dogs — no, that […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Abby: Doesn't not feeding your child constitute as chil...
- nick: School Lunches should government expose restrictio...
- Carl Joe Wright: I strongly agree with your statement" You know wh...
- hello i am a salty pancake: i am a salty pancake i should be on the lunch menu...
- Tobi Lowe: I think kids should be aloud to carry waterbottles...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013