Today’s menu: creamy bow tie pasta, green beans, pear, bread, butter, cookie That was actually really good. Tasty even. A new menu item, well, that’s pretty rare. I wonder why they decided to debut it so late in the year — bring it back next year, it was good. The pear was an amazing color. […]
Today’s menu: hamburger, whole wheat buns, potato wedges, apple and a lot of ketchup When the plastic came off over the burger compartment, there was this aroma. It was the smell of processed meat. I turned away and told myself, “Just a few more days.” To choke it down, I had to use a lot of […]
Today’s menu: chicken nuggets, broccoli, fruit cup, bread and butter I never thought I’d feel relieved to see chicken nuggets on the tray, but after yesterday’s lunch I felt almost happy. They didn’t taste half-bad, but I did a double take. I couldn’t remember if before I’d had four and now it was three. Looking back I […]
Today’s menu: popcorn chicken, peas/carrots, orange, bread (kids get two slices) Popcorn chicken. Hmm. I still don’t get how it’s like popcorn (one of my favorite foods of all time by the way). In fact, I’m insulted on behalf of popcorn. Squirts of chicken foam covered in breading and…baked? fried? I guess I’ll never know. It’s a […]
Today’s menu: sloppy joes, whole wheat buns, beans/rice, applesauce Want brown with your brown? The sloppy joe mix actually tasted ok. I wish I knew what I was eating, but I can’t find the nutritional information anywhere at school or online. I got through the sloppy joe meat just fine. But the beans and rice […]
Today’s menu: chicken nuggets, collard greens, fruit cups, cornbread muffin NUGGETS! Get your nuggets while you can! Going fast! I chowed down. I was so hungry, I barely even remember entering the cafeteria and buying my lunch. All I could see was FOOD and I was ready to eat it. Since I plan to never again eat […]
Today’s menu: cheeseburger, whole wheat buns, baked beans, pear The patty looks odd, right? I’m puzzled as to how the cheese got pock-marked. It almost looks like it was dribbled on there, but I think that it must have been placed on as a slice and then it melted during the (re)heating process…then the condensation […]
Today’s menu: turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, bread, pear, cookie When I first saw the main dish, I thought, “Wow, that’s a lot of turkey!” I love eating turkey. While I was paying (and before I visually scanned the line) I asked, “Are there mashed potatoes too?” The lunch lady said, “No, it’s sweet potatoes!” Terrific! I took […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Dawn: Unlike the more recent topic of school lunches, I ...
- Dawn: It is a privilege. The parents should be in charge...
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013