Today’s menu: sloppy joes, whole wheat buns, beans/rice, applesauce Want brown with your brown? The sloppy joe mix actually tasted ok. I wish I knew what I was eating, but I can’t find the nutritional information anywhere at school or online. I got through the sloppy joe meat just fine. But the beans and rice […]
Today’s menu: cheeseburger, whole wheat buns, baked beans, pear The patty looks odd, right? I’m puzzled as to how the cheese got pock-marked. It almost looks like it was dribbled on there, but I think that it must have been placed on as a slice and then it melted during the (re)heating process…then the condensation […]
Today’s menu: sloppy joe meat, rice/beans, banana, cookie, whole wheat buns Never underestimate the power of hot food. The sloppy joe meat was good. It was a restorative lunch. Getting the banana today was a sweet bonus. From the banana’s perspective there is a lot to think about! *** I develop my nightly post in my head while […]
Today’s menu: cheeseburger, whole wheat buns (not pictured), banana, baked beans, cookie There’s today’s lunch. I grabbed the cookie not the buns. I ate the patty, the beans, and the banana: My trash I chatted with the kids about this lunch and I got the usual “tell-her-what-she-wants-to-hear” spiel (that’s one of the reasons why I […]
At first I thought it was grilled cheese… Wait, is that meat sticking out? That’s a burger, folks! Today’s menu: patty melt, baked beans, strawberry applesauce, goldfish I put the tray down, took a picture and then noticed…it wasn’t a grilled cheese! This is the first time I’ve seen a pre-made burger instead of it being in […]
Today’s menu: sloppy joes, whole wheat buns, beans and rice, unsweetened applesauce Looky here, we have a new menu item again! Wow. The sloppy joe wasn’t baaad…but it was sure messy. I would have taken a picture if my hands weren’t covered in sloppy joe fixings. The “joe to bun” ratio was a little skewed in favor of […]
Today’s menu: quesadilla, orange, baked beans, oatmeal cookie I was given a choice of cheese sandwich (whole wheat bread!) or quesadilla. I decided on the quesadilla because I had never eaten one before. I think it was a good move. The cheese didn’t seem to be as processed as the stuff in the cheese sandwiches […]
Today’s menu: “rib-b-que,” beans, peach fruit cup, milk, (buns forgotten!) No buns were grabbed for this post (juvenile humor…couldn’t resist). So whole wheat buns were offered, but I was in a rush and I didn’t get them. I know the picture of the “rib-b-que” looks awful…but I have to say that when I opened the […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Dawn: Unlike the more recent topic of school lunches, I ...
- Dawn: It is a privilege. The parents should be in charge...
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013