Today’s menu: hamburger, whole wheat buns, broccoli, banana, ketchup I’ve had this meal many times before just like most of the other lunches I’ve eaten. I was a little surprised to have broccoli again today considering I just had it yesterday, but I think it was a last minute substitution. It was in sharp contrast to […]
Today’s menu: sloppy joe meat, rice/beans, banana, cookie, whole wheat buns Never underestimate the power of hot food. The sloppy joe meat was good. It was a restorative lunch. Getting the banana today was a sweet bonus. From the banana’s perspective there is a lot to think about! *** I develop my nightly post in my head while […]
Today’s menu: cheeseburger, whole wheat buns (not pictured), banana, baked beans, cookie There’s today’s lunch. I grabbed the cookie not the buns. I ate the patty, the beans, and the banana: My trash I chatted with the kids about this lunch and I got the usual “tell-her-what-she-wants-to-hear” spiel (that’s one of the reasons why I […]
Today’s menu: pizza, banana, carrots School pizza…again…not my favorite. I had been avoiding large quantities of wheat, but with pizza there’s no way around it. I ate the whole thing! I felt pretty good for about three hours and I thought to myself, “My anti-wheat ideas must be wrong because I’m doing fine.” Then about […]
Today’s menu: tex-mex over brown rice, green beans, a cookie, a banana (and I somehow grabbed a muffin — it’s not on the menu) So as I was going down the line today, I grabbed everything and I got an extra grain — the corn muffin. It wasn’t on the menu and I’m not sure […]
Today’s menu: pepperoni pizza, carrots, banana, goldfish For the first time ever I became nauseous while eating a meal. I was about halfway through the pizza and I felt sick to my stomach. I don’t think I was in danger of actually puking, but it was not a pleasant sensation. But I moved forward and […]
Today’s menu: popcorn chicken, tater tots, bread, banana, milk The words “popcorn chicken” should never be written together. When is chicken like popcorn? It’s unnatural. Anyway so they tasted salty. I slathered everyone of them with bbq sauce and the tater tots got smeared with ketchup too. I then got out my own stash of […]
Today’s menu: pizza, carrots, banana, ranch dressing, milk I normally don’t grab the ranch dressing since I don’t need it to eat my carrots. But I did today. Definitely not necessary for me. Doesn’t the pizza look good in the second picture? I think it does. The pizza wasn’t terrible today. And a banana? I […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- ENGAGING COMMUNITY: ART AND FOOD IN BALTIMORE CITY | SEAJ: […] “Fed Up with Lunch” Accessed March 1...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Kay: This is an interesting article. You can ask a thou...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013