It’s quite the identity mind bender being Mrs. Q. I’m myself, yet not. Most days I don’t like it. But anonymity has its pluses: I’m still employed and I’m still blogging. I compartmentalize well. Before summer started, I was able to forget about Mrs. Q during the school day. Sometimes it would just hit me. […]
Bon Appetit June 2010 Will Allen, GrowingPower.org Mr. Allen’s shirt reads, “The good food movement is now a revolution,” I want a shirt like that one too! I have only recently learned about urban farming and had never read about Will Allen until I saw this article in Bon Appetit. I read his bio on […]
Being Mrs. Q has changed my life. I’m smarter about nutrition and I’m doing more “from scratch” cooking. My husband can’t cook and as such I am the only one responsible for putting a meal on the table. I’ve always done my best, but doing the blog has forced me to challenge myself. I love that you, […]
Parenting June 2010 (I think that’s the month it appeared…) I’m in the “tantrum” years right now and I find a correlation between being hungry and the frequency and duration of tantrums. So I feed and offer drink liberally around my house. In fact, I feel like all I do is feed somebody most of […]
Volunteering for Common Threads was a terrific experience for me. I think I got more out of it than the kids. I learned that kids can do a lot in the kitchen, including use knives appropriately, and I learned how to cook some new recipes I probably would not have attempted at home. Do you volunteer? […]
Urban Prep Charter Academy is located in Englewood. This Spring the school announced that of the students who graduated 100% were accepted into college. I wonder what they eat for school lunch? My last day in the kitchen. I have feelings towards this experience that mirror how I feel during the school year. At the beginning everyone is […]
A cafeteria away there was a mirror-image, equally massive teaching kitchen, but this was exclusively for pastry chefs. I peeked in – this is not even half of it. Those gigantic mixers make Kitchen Aid standing mixers (roughly $150+) look like kiddie toys. Getting the run of a professional kitchen is empowering for me as I’m a newbie. I […]
The “L” tracks nearby Each summer camp session at Common Threads is three weeks long. I volunteered the first two weeks and then I took a vacation so I missed the third and final week of that camp session. So when I showed up today, it was to a completely new group of kids, a […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- liz: I shop mainly at Wegmans and CostCo. Wegmans has m...
- What does the Speech Language Pathologist do in the School Setting? « enconnect: […] http://fedupwithlunch.com/2012/02/7-thin...
- Mrs Q: Yes, a speech path can use another report and read...
- google: Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering i...
- Kourtney: Hey I have a question about the evaluation process...
- Giveaway winner is… and grocery shopping where?? July 20, 2014
- Summer reading giveaway (eight great books)! June 28, 2014
- Plant Your Own Fail Garden: Meet My Rabbit-Proof Test Plot June 17, 2014
- Getting to Yum Giveaway Winner! June 13, 2014
- Book Review and Giveaway: Getting to Yum – The 7 Secrets to Raising Eager Eaters May 27, 2014