That was two years ago today. Just looking at that picture makes me nervous! Long time readers remember how crazy paranoid I was. Everything turned out *pretty much* fine. In celebration of the two year anniversary of my book being published, I’m offering a giveaway: First and foremost, you will win a signed copy of […]
Tex-mex without the black beans… Looking through some of my old school lunch photos makes me oddly hungry! Like totally ravenous…it’s got to be the pregnancy, but I really did like that Tex-mex meal. Anyway, Chronicle Books Blog interviewed me to find out what I’ve been up to since launching the book last year as well as […]
I did a lot of media last year and sometimes I couldn’t even keep track of it all so I didn’t share links with you guys. But this weekend I was on KCRW’s ‘Good Food’ program out of Santa Monica/Los Angeles and I think you will enjoy the interview. If you would like to listen […]
One month ago I came out a Mrs. Q and my book was published. It has been a remarkable experience. All this time I thought I would get fired, but thankfully it didn’t happen. I guess everything you guys said about me being “too paranoid” was right all along. Many of you have reached out […]
Thank you for being patient. Just one more week to go! Can you make it? Then I’m out — my real name, my face and everything! I’ll send you details soon about the reveal, but know this: It’s going to be on TV and in print. How am I holding up? Most of the time […]
I’ve been living two lives. One as myself. One as Mrs. Q. I’m merging my identities in October with the release of my book: Fed Up With Lunch: How One Anonymous Teacher Revealed the Truth About School Lunches. Yes, I will be revealing myself. You will see my face! Finally, right? You guys have been […]
I don’t know how else to say this. I’ve been working on a big project. Gulp. It’s actually a book… Over the past six months, every spare moment of my time was devoted to writing. One of my friends asked, “How is that humanly possible with a full-time job, a toddler, and a daily blog?” […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Becky: Do you think your son may have simply outgrown any...
- Mrs Q: Navigating the school environment is a whole new a...
- Katie: I am in awe of the strict food guidelines at Charl...
- Mrs Q: I want to get him tested but now that he's gluten...
- Mrs Q: Thank you for your input. I didn't realize. I'm ...
- My Son’s School Food Update January 18, 2015
- What is a meal? January 7, 2015
- Fail Cukes For The Win! December 30, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Packed Lunches for Grown Ups! December 14, 2014
- November Book Giveaway — Last Winner! Plus More… December 1, 2014