Last week I was honored to be named as one of 20 Inspiring women who are changing the way we eat (I’m #7 when you are scrolling through). I feel especially flattered because I’ve had to kind of back off of an active role in the food movement (working full-time with a family). Then WGN Radio interviewed […]
I were a pedometer that looks like a watch. In fact, many people assume it’s some kind of fancy watch. It’s a $25 pedometer in a $5 band. It’s part of our health incentive program for me to wear it. A step goal is set for me (7,000 steps per day) and if I reach […]
This weekend I went to the salon and got my hair done. Here’s a pic that I snapped when I got home. I’ve also gotten new glasses, just a few months ago. So here’s how I look these days — on a very good hair day!
My littlest guy and I roasted pumpkin seeds last weekend and they turned out great. In fact, my eldest said, “They taste like popcorn!” First we soaked the seeds for a day or more. I lost count because we were busy. Then we let them dry for two days. To prepare them for roasting, we […]
My first son is a great eater. My second son is pickier. Why the difference? My eldest was always in the normal range for weight and so when he refused to eat something I served, I’d tell him, “If you don’t like it, you don’t have to eat it, but I’m not making anything else.” […]
Deciding what to about Fenway’s cancer was really stressful. We ended up deciding to go ahead and have his tumors removed. They couldn’t be staged until they were out, according to the vet, and so there was a chance that we would go through all the stress of surgery just to find out that he […]
That’s what my six-year-old son said to me the other day. Recently we visited family and all the cousins got to drink some soda. Soda was instantly cool. But I think a big part of his reaction is also because soda is not something we drink in my home. I’ve really tried not to have “forbidden” food in my […]
I don’t blog as much as I used to, but I’m still active on social media. Above is a picture I took with Instagram. Follow me @sarahburnswu. I’ve also finally updated my Pinterest account. I’m @sarahburnswu over there as well. Of course I’m on Twitter, which I enjoy quite a bit @sarahburnswu. The Facebook page […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Rachel: WOuld love to read....
- Madeleine: One of my favorite cuisines!...
- Sarah: The Mediterranean diet always sounds so delicious ...
- Chanelle (C.M.): I love Mediterranean food! Definitely interested i...
- Joyce: I use my Vitamix blender every morning to make smo...
- Thankful Giveaway: The Mediterranean Family Table November 29, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015