My life has rolled on since I ate a year of school lunch and blogged it, published a book and appeared on TV. I’m grateful it has, because I don’t like getting a lot of attention. And while the cause of school food reform is a valiant one, I have blogged less and less as […]
That was two years ago today. Just looking at that picture makes me nervous! Long time readers remember how crazy paranoid I was. Everything turned out *pretty much* fine. In celebration of the two year anniversary of my book being published, I’m offering a giveaway: First and foremost, you will win a signed copy of […]
I’m approaching my 36th birthday. I really thought I’d have figured it all out by now. I still don’t feel like I’ve grown up most of the time, but I have to behave like one. The last time I felt a cosmic shift in my life was when I was 23. At the time I […]
Lettuce and pansies at the Chicago Botanic Garden Well, that’s the end of that. I was not able to finish the photo challenge…obviously. School ended and then my baby got sick. He’s still sick and now I’m hoping it won’t turn into an ear infection. Also, I seem to have less time on the computer […]
Someone is all to happy to be a little boy’s footrest. I love this dog (and the little boy).
I can’t say I love my iPad. It’s a lifeless device. But I do appreciate its usefulness and I take it with me to work, too. I ditched my smartphone. Yep, you read that right. After using one through the school lunch project and the two years since, I went cold turkey. It was a […]
So here’s two photos for you… This photo was a bit hard to take because somebody is going through a stage. Here I cannot put Daniel down without tears because he wants to be held all the time. Fortunately, that is not a problem for me. I mean, I’m away from him all day […]
That’s my baby in the baby aisle. There’s so much stimulation at the grocery store that this little guy fell asleep as soon as we got into the car. A riot of color for him! He’s six months old and has started eating solid food this month. I feed him lots of different things including […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- blazy76: sorry to hear about your job worries. I would like...
- Marcia Powell: Sarah, You have so many talents, and you took o...
- Shawna: I'm not a fan of the boomerang lunch program - fo...
- Chicago's School Lunch Hero - Organic Connections: […] in the cafeteria of the public school wh...
- Monica Marble: I just wanted to echo the sentiments regarding not...
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013
- Two Years Ago Today Mrs Q Revealed + A Giveaway! October 5, 2013
- Guest Blog: Foer’s Virtual Visits September 16, 2013
- Being reflective September 16, 2013