Our fall centerpiece That wall of exhaustion big pregnant ladies hit when they don’t want to do anything anymore? Yep, I’m right there. 1) Should we blame overweight parents for child’s obesity? Piece by Minnesota Public Radio 2) Bad news: Boys Starting Puberty Earlier, Like Girls. 3) In case you missed it: Schools Take Aim […]
Pictured: Cabbages at the farmer’s market… You know how you get to that stage in your pregnancy when you don’t want to do anything? That’s right now. I pretty much can’t muster the energy to do what I need to be doing. I’m not a slacker, but I’m barely getting by. I have seven weeks […]
The pregnancy fatigue has really put me over the edge. At night when I normally carve out time to blog, now I just want to sleep. I know that urge is going to ramp up in the next two months. Thanks for hanging in there with me! 1) Cool two-page handout via Spoonfed (Christina) […]
Berries from a farmer’s market in California last year 1) Twenty school lunches from around the world. Amazing to see so much real food! 2) Calling vegetables fun names makes kids eat them. How does “Power Punch Broccoli” strike you? I know my son responds to this kind of thing. Charlie will eat quinoa when […]
They just don’t build ‘em like they used to “You would make a bad union delegate,” a coworker once told me with a friendly laugh. I was a member of the Chicago Teachers Union for six years, but I was not heavily involved. My coworker on the other hand was a delegate, had a lot […]
1) Teachers are striking in Chicago today — I’m working on a longer blog post about it for later this week… 2) At some US schools kids are being restrained or are left in isolation as punishment – I found that article to be incredibly disturbing. However, I am relieved to say that I never saw […]
(Link) Happy Labor Day! Here’s to all our country’s hard workers, past and present! 1) Check out this infograph about sugar. I excerpted just a part of it above. Mind blowing! 2) Kids still need more time to eat their lunch! 3) Brilliant idea for “food hubs” to connect local farmers with school districts in their […]
(I know the photo has nothing to do with school lunch, but I just like it) 1) Rep. Todd Akin (yeah, that guy…) thinks that the school lunch program is unconstitutional. Say what? 2) Two high school students went undercover with a video camera to investigate school food (See: School lunches become a billion-dollar battlefield). […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Brandi: Today I received the book that I ordered from Amaz...
- Who needs school lunch ideas??? | Leesa Kli: […] http://fedupwithlunch.com/2011/06/guest-...
- Nicole: Looks like such a great book!...
- Lisa Leake: Thanks for the kind words Sarah! ;)...
- 100 Days of Real Food is now a book! | Fed Up With Lunch: […] you remember back to three years ago, Li...
- 100 Days of Real Food is now a book! August 24, 2014
- Giveaway winner is… and grocery shopping where?? July 20, 2014
- Summer reading giveaway (eight great books)! June 28, 2014
- Plant Your Own Fail Garden: Meet My Rabbit-Proof Test Plot June 17, 2014
- Getting to Yum Giveaway Winner! June 13, 2014