We at Farm Forward are big fans of Fed Up With Lunch and the invaluable resources it provides parents and food advocates who want to reform school lunches and improve children’s health. We wanted to share with you a great opportunity for educators to bring critically acclaimed author Jonathan Safran Foer into your classrooms to […]
For the month of September, Whole Foods Market’s Do Something Reel Film Festival is featuring Lunch Line, a documentary about the national school lunch program. The film follows six school age children from one of the toughest neighborhoods in Chicago as they set out to fix school lunch and end up at the White House. […]
Parents want their children to start the day out right, especially during this time of year when kids are heading back to school. For many families, that often includes a bowl of cereal. A spoonful of sugar for every three spoonfuls of cereal is not what most parents want their kids to find in their […]
Recipe for Success Foundation is dedicated to combating childhood obesity by changing the way children understand, appreciate, and eat their food. For more information on the Foundation’s Seed-to-Plate Nutrition Education™ in elementary schools and other initiatives, visit www.recipe4success.org. In response to a 2010 proposed class-action lawsuit (that was recently dismissed), McDonald’s spokeswoman Danya Proud stated […]
There is no kids’ food in French school lunches. Don’t believe me? I’m not surprised—given what most people believe to be the average school lunch that our kids eat. French kids eat very differently at lunch: tasty, healthy, scratch-cooked, three or four course meals every day. And they do this for an average of $3 […]
Mrs Q here: I’m running late with my CSA post because my son is sick. Instead I’d like to share a guest blog I found very interesting and inspiring. The NO Squad – It Really Does Take A Village By Dr. Jane Pentz Who are these people wearing “No” t-shirts and handing out bookmarks? Onlookers […]
Just wanted to introduce a guest blog about something you may have never even considered before: eating flowers. Please exercise caution when eating flora and discuss this with a medical professional if you have health concerns. Since some flowers are toxic, this is something not to be taken lightly. However, if you are at a […]
To start with, I never intended to write a book about children’s food! The idea for French Kids Eat Everything emerged from our experience of living in France for a year (in 2009). In 2008, soon after the birth of our second daughter, my husband and I decided to move back to his hometown in […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- ENGAGING COMMUNITY: ART AND FOOD IN BALTIMORE CITY | SEAJ: […] “Fed Up with Lunch” Accessed March 1...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Kay: This is an interesting article. You can ask a thou...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013