The winner to my book giveaway is commenter #10 — Erin! I will be contacting you shortly or (you can email me)! Thanks to everyone who entered!
We at Farm Forward are big fans of Fed Up With Lunch and the invaluable resources it provides parents and food advocates who want to reform school lunches and improve children’s health. We wanted to share with you a great opportunity for educators to bring critically acclaimed author Jonathan Safran Foer into your classrooms to […]
And the winner is #4: Gabriela !! I want to do another giveaway, but I just need to decide what should be the prize! Thanks everyone so much for being such fantastic, and patient, readers!
This past weekend My husband and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary. I really can believe that we have been married for this long. It feels right and normal so there’s no shock at the passage of this milestone. What I want is more time with my husband and our kids as well as […]
Our fall centerpiece That wall of exhaustion big pregnant ladies hit when they don’t want to do anything anymore? Yep, I’m right there. 1) Should we blame overweight parents for child’s obesity? Piece by Minnesota Public Radio 2) Bad news: Boys Starting Puberty Earlier, Like Girls. 3) In case you missed it: Schools Take Aim […]
Pictured: Cabbages at the farmer’s market… You know how you get to that stage in your pregnancy when you don’t want to do anything? That’s right now. I pretty much can’t muster the energy to do what I need to be doing. I’m not a slacker, but I’m barely getting by. I have seven weeks […]
The pregnancy fatigue has really put me over the edge. At night when I normally carve out time to blog, now I just want to sleep. I know that urge is going to ramp up in the next two months. Thanks for hanging in there with me! 1) Cool two-page handout via Spoonfed (Christina) […]
For the month of September, Whole Foods Market’s Do Something Reel Film Festival is featuring Lunch Line, a documentary about the national school lunch program. The film follows six school age children from one of the toughest neighborhoods in Chicago as they set out to fix school lunch and end up at the White House. […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- blazy76: sorry to hear about your job worries. I would like...
- Marcia Powell: Sarah, You have so many talents, and you took o...
- Shawna: I'm not a fan of the boomerang lunch program - fo...
- Chicago's School Lunch Hero - Organic Connections: […] in the cafeteria of the public school wh...
- Monica Marble: I just wanted to echo the sentiments regarding not...
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013
- Two Years Ago Today Mrs Q Revealed + A Giveaway! October 5, 2013
- Guest Blog: Foer’s Virtual Visits September 16, 2013
- Being reflective September 16, 2013