Weelicious! I’m guessing that many of you already know about the blog: Weelicious. Actually, I know you know about it because I remember back in the early days of this blog some of you referred me to her. Well, Catherine has come out with a book that I absolutely love (Full disclosure: While I was […]
When you read this, I’ll be sweaty, dirty, and possibly close to exhaustion. We’ll be in the midst of a move. I won’t be near a computer, that’s for sure. I mentioned before that I moved a lot as a child. Many of those were cross-country (back and forth from Wisconsin and some western states). […]
We celebrate Easter ’round here. It’s not something my (lapsed-Catholic) husband and (non-religious) I even paid attention to until we became parents. But the whole concept of the Easter bunny is too much fun for our son to miss out on. We don’t celebrate in a traditional sense: I guess you could say that it’s […]
Below is the second part of a series devoted to my experience volunteering with the Greater Chicago Food Depository and its partner Feeding America. Part one can be found here: Volunteering with Feeding America: A Little Time Goes a Long Way Every food bank provides a different product mix to its member agencies. The Greater Chicago Food […]
I’m a fan of the “mini-series”– covering a topic over a series of blog posts for a short period of time. Every Monday in the month of February I’ll blog about a topic related to #education (at least tangentially). This week I want to examine the history of teaching as a profession. I’m a school-based […]
Jellyfish shot I took over break at an aquarium. Something is happening with me. I feel an urgency to live life. Something in my head keeps telling me to getting going and “do it now!” So I’m busy trying to figure out it is I’m supposed to be doing. I feel a pressure to move, […]
image via realising designs I guess by blogging right now I am actually blogging on a blackout day, but I just want you to be aware of the SOPA/PIPA internet restriction acts that are currently making their way through Congress right now. I’m concerned that they will restrict free speech in our country. Please educate yourself. […]
If you are like me, you still have a little more to do to be totally ready for the holidays. Luckily for me I have purchased all the gifts, but not everything is wrapped and, sadly, some packages have not been mailed out in time for the holidays. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts, […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- MathNerd314: In my experience, Aldi stores vary based on locati...
- Mrs Q: Yes, there are pleasant discoveries at Aldi. I lov...
- Nicole H.: woohoo! We mainly shop at SuperTarget. I do occa...
- AmyRyb: I went back to Aldi's specifically for their glut...
- Carole: did you pick a winner ? :)...
- Giveaway winner is… and grocery shopping where?? July 20, 2014
- Summer reading giveaway (eight great books)! June 28, 2014
- Plant Your Own Fail Garden: Meet My Rabbit-Proof Test Plot June 17, 2014
- Getting to Yum Giveaway Winner! June 13, 2014
- Book Review and Giveaway: Getting to Yum – The 7 Secrets to Raising Eager Eaters May 27, 2014