I’ve pretty much determined that I stink at running a book club. To be better at managing this book club I would need to do a close reading of the chosen book. I have been just plain reading the book, but that’s not good enough to be an excellent book club leader. Truth is that I don’t have time to do […]
Every morning my husband drops our son off at day care and each night I pick him up. Seeing his face when I come and get him is my favorite moment of the day. It’s like therapy. He always runs to me and gives me a big hug. Then he cocks his hand to the side […]
They decided to replace the food pyramid yesterday. I’m happy they chose a plate. I like pyramids well enough, but I never associated them with food. I only remembered that grains were at the bottom and sweets and fats were at the top. Everythings else was just a jumble. It’s a fork not a spork! Phew! […]
My husband has been working late this week. So yesterday I took my son to Noodles and Co for a “date.” We ordered their Pad Thai. Fast food tally for this week: 1 Some of you were upset that Starbucks was included in the list of fast food restaurants since many of you visit only […]
I’m attending BlogHer Food at the moment. Having a great time and learning a lot. I speak later today about food blogging for change. Regular posts will be a bit delayed… One of the people I met used to work with fast food companies. He told me about this segment of the population that the […]
I love reading. I’m not sure I’ve ever really mentioned that before. Before I had my son, I kept an impressive spreadsheet of the books I’d read, organizedby year. After I had my little boy, I stopped reading. I stopped doing a lot of stuff (some of it was exhaustion and a touch of depression) […]
The results are in — our book for the next three months is Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. Poll results were 58% for Fast Food Nation to Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life‘s 41%. Fast Food Nation has been in print since 2002 and so it WILL be […]
The thought questions for this week. I’ll answer them in the comments at the end of the week: 1) What is participation (p 135)? Participation is how many kids eat school lunch each day. The goal is to increase the number. I love how some cafeterias are creative with using theme to get kids excited […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- blazy76: sorry to hear about your job worries. I would like...
- Marcia Powell: Sarah, You have so many talents, and you took o...
- Shawna: I'm not a fan of the boomerang lunch program - fo...
- Chicago's School Lunch Hero - Organic Connections: […] in the cafeteria of the public school wh...
- Monica Marble: I just wanted to echo the sentiments regarding not...
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013
- Two Years Ago Today Mrs Q Revealed + A Giveaway! October 5, 2013
- Guest Blog: Foer’s Virtual Visits September 16, 2013
- Being reflective September 16, 2013