Life has gotten quite interesting around here with my boys. The littlest guy is climbing up onto things and then asserting his will/opinion/stubbornness to not get down. He’s saying single words all the time. That’s so fun. The bigger guy starts real kindergarten this fall and considering his sensitive personality, I’m a little nervous. Today […]
Two years ago I was lucky enough to have Karen Le Billon guest blog about her experience in France, which led her to write her first book, “French Kids Eat Everything.” This time around I jumped at an opportunity to read her latest book, “Getting to Yum: The 7 Secrets to Raising Eager Eaters.” It’s no secret […]
I’ve pretty much determined that I stink at running a book club. To be better at managing this book club I would need to do a close reading of the chosen book. I have been just plain reading the book, but that’s not good enough to be an excellent book club leader. Truth is that I don’t have time to do […]
Every morning my husband drops our son off at day care and each night I pick him up. Seeing his face when I come and get him is my favorite moment of the day. It’s like therapy. He always runs to me and gives me a big hug. Then he cocks his hand to the side […]
They decided to replace the food pyramid yesterday. I’m happy they chose a plate. I like pyramids well enough, but I never associated them with food. I only remembered that grains were at the bottom and sweets and fats were at the top. Everythings else was just a jumble. It’s a fork not a spork! Phew! […]
My husband has been working late this week. So yesterday I took my son to Noodles and Co for a “date.” We ordered their Pad Thai. Fast food tally for this week: 1 Some of you were upset that Starbucks was included in the list of fast food restaurants since many of you visit only […]
I’m attending BlogHer Food at the moment. Having a great time and learning a lot. I speak later today about food blogging for change. Regular posts will be a bit delayed… One of the people I met used to work with fast food companies. He told me about this segment of the population that the […]
I love reading. I’m not sure I’ve ever really mentioned that before. Before I had my son, I kept an impressive spreadsheet of the books I’d read, organizedby year. After I had my little boy, I stopped reading. I stopped doing a lot of stuff (some of it was exhaustion and a touch of depression) […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Sara: How did you earn the money? I would love to have ...
- Big Poppa Cook: It seems as if you enjoy reading cookbooks. Why no...
- AmyRyb: We've been eating seeds for weeks! I did a coupl...
- Donna @ What the Dog Ate: Thank you for the giveaway....
- Barbara H: Should be an interesting book by a mystery writer....
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015
- Keep fit with incentives November 4, 2015