Did you know that last weekend was Food Day 2015? I didn’t blog about it because we have been BUSY. Charlie had a broken arm and we’ve been toilet-training Daniel. Luckily the cast is off now. It was a jujitsu injury. He tells people, “A girl fell on me,” which is true — he fell […]
I hope you heard about this before and if not you can always check out this old post of mine about it, but Food Revolution Day is Chef Jamie Oliver’s push to get nutrition education in the classroom. It’s just a few short days away. I signed the petition to push nations around the world to incorporate food […]
– I considered not voting on Tuesday. – I considered not voting because I don’t relate with anyone running. – I considered not voting because I’m not a white male. – I considered not voting because I’m exhausted. – I considered not voting because I don’t have a lot of money and I have an […]
Blast from the past: School lunch photo from 2010 from a reader If you have a moment, would you mind signing a petition? Some members of Congress are attempting to roll back the updated nutrition standards we fought so hard for several years ago. I’m not sure why this is coming up now. All I […]
Today over 200 food bloggers are standing up and reminding us that hunger exists in the US, even when we don’t see it on a daily basis or experience it personally. Nicole Gulotta of The Giving Table has organized an event called Food Bloggers Against Hunger. Now is a critical moment because cuts are being proposed […]
Last year the Center for Ecoliteracy introduced an amazing school food guide entitled, Cooking with California Food in K-12 Schools. The cookbook is available for free download (how can you resist?) on their website http://www.ecoliteracy.org/cooking-with-california-food, but I was lucky enough to get it mailed to me to review. It’s a cookbook, people. A school food cookbook […]
A couple weeks ago I was able to volunteer at the Greater Chicago Food Depository with Feeding America. You can sign up as a group or an individual for a three hour Wednesday night volunteering session and it was perfect for me. The Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD) is one of the largest food banks […]
I wrote this for Babble.com and I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please click over to read… 5 Ways Parents Can Improve School Lunch
Connect with Mrs Q
- Sara: How did you earn the money? I would love to have ...
- Big Poppa Cook: It seems as if you enjoy reading cookbooks. Why no...
- AmyRyb: We've been eating seeds for weeks! I did a coupl...
- Donna @ What the Dog Ate: Thank you for the giveaway....
- Barbara H: Should be an interesting book by a mystery writer....
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015
- Keep fit with incentives November 4, 2015