- I considered not voting on Tuesday. – I considered not voting because I don’t relate with anyone running. – I considered not voting because I’m not a white male. – I considered not voting because I’m exhausted. – I considered not voting because I don’t have a lot of money and I have an […]
Blast from the past: School lunch photo from 2010 from a reader If you have a moment, would you mind signing a petition? Some members of Congress are attempting to roll back the updated nutrition standards we fought so hard for several years ago. I’m not sure why this is coming up now. All I […]
Today over 200 food bloggers are standing up and reminding us that hunger exists in the US, even when we don’t see it on a daily basis or experience it personally. Nicole Gulotta of The Giving Table has organized an event called Food Bloggers Against Hunger. Now is a critical moment because cuts are being proposed […]
Last year the Center for Ecoliteracy introduced an amazing school food guide entitled, Cooking with California Food in K-12 Schools. The cookbook is available for free download (how can you resist?) on their website http://www.ecoliteracy.org/cooking-with-california-food, but I was lucky enough to get it mailed to me to review. It’s a cookbook, people. A school food cookbook […]
A couple weeks ago I was able to volunteer at the Greater Chicago Food Depository with Feeding America. You can sign up as a group or an individual for a three hour Wednesday night volunteering session and it was perfect for me. The Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD) is one of the largest food banks […]
I wrote this for Babble.com and I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please click over to read… 5 Ways Parents Can Improve School Lunch
When I revealed myself on October 5th, the day my book was published, I received a friendly email from nutrition services of Chicago public schools, reaching out to me and suggesting a meeting. I replied immediately that I would love to meet and chat about school lunch in the district. We finally coordinated all our schedules […]
The last and final installment about my series on Cooking up Change. Read the first and second part to get caught up. Back to the Bridgeport Art Center where the place was filling up with hungry guests. From North-Grand High School: “The NG Spiced Turkey Wrap, Sweet and Spicy Rice, Nine Treasure Salad” From Manley […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Mrs Q: Navigating the school environment is a whole new a...
- Katie: I am in awe of the strict food guidelines at Charl...
- Mrs Q: I want to get him tested but now that he's gluten...
- Mrs Q: Thank you for your input. I didn't realize. I'm ...
- AmyRyb: This is none of my business, clearly, but have you...
- My Son’s School Food Update January 18, 2015
- What is a meal? January 7, 2015
- Fail Cukes For The Win! December 30, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Packed Lunches for Grown Ups! December 14, 2014
- November Book Giveaway — Last Winner! Plus More… December 1, 2014