**I’m home with the boys on a snow day and I got to thinking…This is a photo of yummy summer food** Is a meal a piece of toast gobbled down while driving to work? Is a meal a replacement shake popped open and drunk at an office desk? Is a meal a simple summer snack […]
Over the summer I planted a little garden (aka “a test plot”) to see if I could grow anything successfully. Although I had mixed results, I’m hooked. It is so fun to go into your garden and pick random delicious tidbits whenever you want. The boys just loved picking carrots and mint and gnawing on […]
One of my husband’s favorite gluten breads Lunch is such a pain of a meal to plan. I think it’s actually worse to pack my own lunch than Charlie’s. I do my best to make a good one for myself, but I still slip up. I went through a phase that I bought several gluten free microwave […]
- I considered not voting on Tuesday. – I considered not voting because I don’t relate with anyone running. – I considered not voting because I’m not a white male. – I considered not voting because I’m exhausted. – I considered not voting because I don’t have a lot of money and I have an […]
Charlie as the ring bearer in my sister’s wedding. He took this job very seriously! Charlie started kindergarten this fall. He loves it, for the most part, and it’s been an education for me. In theory, none of this should be new information. This is my ninth year as a school-based speech pathologist. I know […]
I’ve spent most of my life trying not to make mistakes. Now that I’m in my thirty-sixth year, I realize that maybe that wasn’t the best approach. Being afraid to fail is no way to live life. I’ve been intimidated by the idea of planting a garden. I decided to just go ahead and plant anything. […]
Blast from the past: School lunch photo from 2010 from a reader If you have a moment, would you mind signing a petition? Some members of Congress are attempting to roll back the updated nutrition standards we fought so hard for several years ago. I’m not sure why this is coming up now. All I […]
Having a second kid has been a challenge in so many ways. Before Daniel was born, I had been able to do a lot of meal planning. Once a week I cooked new and different meals for my family, even as a working mom. My oldest was four and easily entertained before dinner. Sometimes he even “helped.” Life […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Becky: Do you think your son may have simply outgrown any...
- Mrs Q: Navigating the school environment is a whole new a...
- Katie: I am in awe of the strict food guidelines at Charl...
- Mrs Q: I want to get him tested but now that he's gluten...
- Mrs Q: Thank you for your input. I didn't realize. I'm ...
- My Son’s School Food Update January 18, 2015
- What is a meal? January 7, 2015
- Fail Cukes For The Win! December 30, 2014
- 5 Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Packed Lunches for Grown Ups! December 14, 2014
- November Book Giveaway — Last Winner! Plus More… December 1, 2014