My littlest guy and I roasted pumpkin seeds last weekend and they turned out great. In fact, my eldest said, “They taste like popcorn!” First we soaked the seeds for a day or more. I lost count because we were busy. Then we let them dry for two days. To prepare them for roasting, we […]
Did you know that last weekend was Food Day 2015? I didn’t blog about it because we have been BUSY. Charlie had a broken arm and we’ve been toilet-training Daniel. Luckily the cast is off now. It was a jujitsu injury. He tells people, “A girl fell on me,” which is true — he fell […]
My first son is a great eater. My second son is pickier. Why the difference? My eldest was always in the normal range for weight and so when he refused to eat something I served, I’d tell him, “If you don’t like it, you don’t have to eat it, but I’m not making anything else.” […]
That’s what my six-year-old son said to me the other day. Recently we visited family and all the cousins got to drink some soda. Soda was instantly cool. But I think a big part of his reaction is also because soda is not something we drink in my home. I’ve really tried not to have “forbidden” food in my […]
I hope you heard about this before and if not you can always check out this old post of mine about it, but Food Revolution Day is Chef Jamie Oliver’s push to get nutrition education in the classroom. It’s just a few short days away. I signed the petition to push nations around the world to incorporate food […]
**I’m home with the boys on a snow day and I got to thinking…This is a photo of yummy summer food** Is a meal a piece of toast gobbled down while driving to work? Is a meal a replacement shake popped open and drunk at an office desk? Is a meal a simple summer snack […]
Over the summer I planted a little garden (aka “a test plot”) to see if I could grow anything successfully. Although I had mixed results, I’m hooked. It is so fun to go into your garden and pick random delicious tidbits whenever you want. The boys just loved picking carrots and mint and gnawing on […]
One of my husband’s favorite gluten breads Lunch is such a pain of a meal to plan. I think it’s actually worse to pack my own lunch than Charlie’s. I do my best to make a good one for myself, but I still slip up. I went through a phase that I bought several gluten free microwave […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Melissa: I <3 my Vitamix. It complements the stick blend...
- Diana Cote: I love my blender. This would be a great addition....
- Sara: How did you earn the money? I would love to have ...
- Big Poppa Cook: It seems as if you enjoy reading cookbooks. Why no...
- AmyRyb: We've been eating seeds for weeks! I did a coupl...
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015
- Keep fit with incentives November 4, 2015