I was assigned to lunch duty to fill in for someone a few weeks ago. I didn’t know exactly what to expect. There was no training. The lunch room was loud and full of kids moving and yelling and jumping. That’s what I normally hear and see when I walk by the cafeteria to get […]
The winner to my book giveaway is commenter #10 — Erin! I will be contacting you shortly or (you can email me)! Thanks to everyone who entered!
My life has rolled on since I ate a year of school lunch and blogged it, published a book and appeared on TV. I’m grateful it has, because I don’t like getting a lot of attention. And while the cause of school food reform is a valiant one, I have blogged less and less as […]
That was two years ago today. Just looking at that picture makes me nervous! Long time readers remember how crazy paranoid I was. Everything turned out *pretty much* fine. In celebration of the two year anniversary of my book being published, I’m offering a giveaway: First and foremost, you will win a signed copy of […]
We at Farm Forward are big fans of Fed Up With Lunch and the invaluable resources it provides parents and food advocates who want to reform school lunches and improve children’s health. We wanted to share with you a great opportunity for educators to bring critically acclaimed author Jonathan Safran Foer into your classrooms to […]
I’m approaching my 36th birthday. I really thought I’d have figured it all out by now. I still don’t feel like I’ve grown up most of the time, but I have to behave like one. The last time I felt a cosmic shift in my life was when I was 23. At the time I […]
And the winner is #4: Gabriela !! I want to do another giveaway, but I just need to decide what should be the prize! Thanks everyone so much for being such fantastic, and patient, readers!
This past weekend My husband and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary. I really can believe that we have been married for this long. It feels right and normal so there’s no shock at the passage of this milestone. What I want is more time with my husband and our kids as well as […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- LeonidasSaber: great post. but one question why bash gelatin? ya ...
- Carmen: I grew up in Puerto Rico and I remember that the o...
- Julianna: In our republic, the USA is founded on the people ...
- Kay: This is an interesting article. You can ask a thou...
- Leslie: I will give anything yo have a meal like this agai...
- Is School Lunch a Right or a Privilege? February 26, 2014
- Is Education a Right or a Privilege? What Your Answer Says about You January 28, 2014
- Why I Dropped Out of the School Food Reform Movement and What We Need to Do Now December 31, 2013
- The Giveaway Winner is… October 16, 2013
- The Search for Meaningful Work, Post “Mrs Q” – Advice please October 8, 2013