Going on vacation!

I’m going on vacation for a few days. I briefly considered blogging while I’m gone, but I won’t have reliable internet where I’m going  taking a break is healthy. I need a short rest before what could be the busiest months I’ve experienced all year.

Before I leave, I wanted to share this amazing article that was in the New York Times today:

School Restore Fresh Cooking to the Cafeteria

It gives me hope.

See you next week!

7 Responses to Going on vacation!

1. stepshep August 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

Have fun cubelydoo!

2. kimmaroo August 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Very uplifting article.  Thanks for sharing it, Mrs. Q, and have a wonderful vacation!

3. Dana Woldow August 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

If more school
    districts had an existing central kitchen, a $273K grant for equipment, and
    starting cafeteria salaries of just $7.36/hr, as this school district does,
    then perhaps more school districts could do this. To find out if your school
    district can do what another district does, please visit http://tinyurl.com/3oggvw2

4. BusyChica August 18, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Enjoy your family and your time away from reality. Have a great vacation!

5. anonymous August 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

That half yellow/half green squash is actually called a Zephyr squash.  I had never seen them until last year at our local farmer’s market.  They taste like regular squash but are so cute !

6. Guest August 19, 2011 at 12:09 am #

Hi Mrs. Q,
    I believe your “Mystery Pepper” may be a jalapeno. I have 4 VERY similar looking peppers on my plant. Funny story, I don’t like jalapenos but one day at the local greenhouse the sales gal offered me a jalapeno plant as my “free plant” for buying so many other plants.  I felt so bad for the little plant I took it home and planted it. Wouldn’t you know it, the one veggie I don’t care for grows the best!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Canvas Frame | Wooden Picture Frames - September 12, 2011

[…] #split {}#single {}#splitalign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}#singlealign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}.linkboxtext {line-height: 1.4em;}.linkboxcontainer {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-color:#000000;border-width:0px; border-style:solid;}.linkboxdisplay {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;}.linkboxdisplay td {text-align: center;}.linkboxdisplay a:link {text-decoration: none;}.linkboxdisplay a:hover {text-decoration: underline;} function opensingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = ''; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = 'none'; } function closesingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = ''; } what is the best size for a canvas art print?Most current Mens White Canvas Shoes NewsModern-day Chinampas “Floating Gardens” – Ancient Mesoamerican Agriculture Re-conceivedCSA Box Week 6 and canning classesTodd and Erin "That Went Well…"Making Changes for the BetterGoing on vacation! […]