1. My son is sick.
2. I am sick.
3. We’ve been at home together recuperating.
4. It’s been wonderful to be home with him.
5. It’s been really tough too.
6. Being sick and providing care is challenging.
7. Remind me, I haven’t been sick since I stopped eating school lunch, right?
8. Three months ain’t half bad!
9. I have to wash some dishes.
10. I need sleep.
11. I’m thinking about my life.
12. I need to make some decisions.
13. I probably need a new job (a new school).
14. I should update my resume.
15. My friends are also leaving the school.
16. We’re tired.
17. I’m sad for the kids.
18. I’m sad for me because my favorite coworkers won’t be in the same building next year.
19. My husband agrees that I need a new job, hopefully closer to home.
20. He wants to have another baby (!)
21. I’m considering it…
23. I ate school lunch for a year — not exactly a great pre-pregnancy diet.
25. We have an interesting housing situation.
26. It’s the economy.
27. We rent and we still own.
28. We couldn’t sell our old place so we have a tenant.
29. I guess we’re going to put it on the market again.
30. We’re going to lose big money.
31. How would we afford another baby?
32. Our bills aren’t small (mortgage, rent, daycare, even food…)
33. Cooking from scratch is transformative and worth every cent.
34. And at least there are savings in not spending money eating out.
35. I enjoy creating stuff in the kitchen too.
36. Oh yeah, I created something else…
37. The book is coming along great.
38. It’s in the hands of the publisher now.
39. Sometimes I think about when the book is published (later this year – TBD).
40. I’m terrified.
41. I reveal everything.
42. What happens then?
43. Some say it’s a feather in my cap.
44. I say it’s an unknown.
45. Writing was the easy part.
46. I love to write.
47. If I write something again, it’s going to be fiction!
48. Non-fiction is intense.
49. It’s personal.
50. I’m a worrier, not a warrior.
51. I wasn’t prepared for this.
52. Eating school lunch for a year has changed the course of my life.
53. Going back is not an option.
54. But I need a rest.
55. I want to take some time off.
I have never taken a full week off before.
I’ll be back to blogging on Wednesday March 30th.
And someone is calling for me from his bedroom…we’re still very much in the trenches…