Love and food

A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you. -Author Unknown

What are you eating tonight to celebrate the holiday? I’m all about the food! I baked a pasta dish and bought special cupcakes to eat with my little boy and my husband. They were delicious and met our dietary requirements! 🙂

I wish I could go out on the town with my husband, but that will have to wait until we have family in town again.

Happy Love Day!
(don’t forget to love yourself too)

9 Responses to Love and food

1. missmarc February 15, 2011 at 3:22 am #

Garlic & Herb roasted organic chicken served with bok choy stir-fried with carrots and asparagus. We also made a raw coconut chocolate tart with goji berries for dessert! You can find the recipe on my blog, hope you had a good day! 🙂

2. katara5 February 15, 2011 at 3:22 am #

Tonight was my sister's boyfriend night to cook dinner. Good ol' classic spaghetti and chicken. It was very enjoyable. Besides that… I'm saving my sweets that I got today. One because of the sentimental value, and two because I'm not really allowed to have sweets. There's a pretty big health craze going on in the house. However, strawberries fill the spot nicely too.

3. Melissa E. February 15, 2011 at 4:03 am #

We went out to a really nice Italian place out in Joliet. I had free range lamb with a goat cheese topping, bok choi, and mashed sweet potatoes. My husband had a spinach pasta with scallops and lobster. Then, for dessert, we had tiramisu, which was just divine. 🙂 Happy Valentine's Day!

4. Amanda February 15, 2011 at 4:05 am #

My leaner version of Applebees' smothered chicken, roasted broccoli, and "candied" carrots. Then we made super dark hot chocolate from scratch for dessert.

5. Ms.T February 15, 2011 at 5:46 am #

Nothing says love like fresh salmon. 🙂

6. Justine February 15, 2011 at 5:56 am #

Happy Valentine's Day!
    Just Better Together

7. Christina February 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

I made my honey lamb's favorite mac and cheese with roasted asparagus with prochutto (sp) and I also made an orange almond tart using almond flour.

8. Ronda February 15, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

We always have a big 'formal' dinner in the dining room with the kids. We make the holiday about them. We had grilled salmon served on a bed of wilted baby spinach, a simple salad and ravioli (mostly for the kids). It was nice, simple, and all home made. And best of all, we didn't have to fight the crowds to get into an overpriced restaurant to eat mass produced food!

9. Shannon February 16, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

We had a lot going on, so I did a lasagna in the crockpot with salad and garlic bread. It was mostly ready when we got home, so it worked out perfectly.