Photo: Wikipedia After reading Composting is a Redemptive Act by Ed Bruske, I really would like to start composting at home in 2012. I don’t know where to start –and I can’t even imagine how one would start large scale composting in a school cafeteria. I know it can be done and I should ask […]
Liz Snyder is a food activist, farm-starter, and Mom. She has a Masters’ in nutritional anthropology from Oxford University. In 2007, she co-founded Full Circle Farm in Sunnyvale, CA and more recently, helped start a CSA program for 150 low-income families with FIRST 5 Santa Clara County. Right now, Liz is working on starting Little […]
Debra Moffitt is the kids’ editor at KidsHealth.org, the #1 website on children’s health and development. Nonprofit and physician-led, more than 50 of the nation’s top children’s hospitals include KidsHealth content on their websites. Visit us at www.KidsHealth.org. If you think eating right is confusing, imagine how kids feel. Like grownups, they’re surrounded by nutrition […]
My mom makes the best pumpkin cookies. I have not tried making them gluten free yet (I don’t have a lot of time). They are great without frosting, but if you have the ingredients and the time, you might as well frost them. Mary’s Pumpkin Cookies 1 cup sugar 1 cup shortening 1 egg 2 […]
If you are like me, you still have a little more to do to be totally ready for the holidays. Luckily for me I have purchased all the gifts, but not everything is wrapped and, sadly, some packages have not been mailed out in time for the holidays. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts, […]
I think there is value in taking inexpensive trips to places within a few hours drive from home. The current economic situation has put a damper on long distance travel and sometimes taking a “staycation” is boring with kids. My son can only stay inside for so long As I blogged about last week…after we […]
Truck Farm! Bio: Tim Magner is an environmental and social justice activist working to make a difference in the lives of youth. Over the span of more than two decades, Tim has worked with kids as a camp counselor, ski coach, golf instructor, tutor, school board member, school council member, Big Brother, and, over the last three […]
My family welcomed my husband into the family many years ago when we married. He wasn’t the first person of Chinese descent to marry into my paternal side of the family. But we didn’t have any Italian on that side. About five years ago my cousin Andrew married Luciano. I want to give you the […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- liz: I shop mainly at Wegmans and CostCo. Wegmans has m...
- What does the Speech Language Pathologist do in the School Setting? « enconnect: […] http://fedupwithlunch.com/2012/02/7-thin...
- Mrs Q: Yes, a speech path can use another report and read...
- google: Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering i...
- Kourtney: Hey I have a question about the evaluation process...
- Giveaway winner is… and grocery shopping where?? July 20, 2014
- Summer reading giveaway (eight great books)! June 28, 2014
- Plant Your Own Fail Garden: Meet My Rabbit-Proof Test Plot June 17, 2014
- Getting to Yum Giveaway Winner! June 13, 2014
- Book Review and Giveaway: Getting to Yum – The 7 Secrets to Raising Eager Eaters May 27, 2014