Titanium Spork Award – April

And the winner is…. Jamie Oliver

The poll results:

1) Jamie Oliver — 521 votes (55%)

2) Ed Bruske from The Slow Cook — 174 (18%)

3) Michelle Obama — 111 (11%)

I agree that Jamie Oliver deserves a titanium spork because he has elevated the school lunch discussion to the national level through his show Food Revolution. If you didn’t get a chance to watch the show, you can catch up on episodes on hulu.com. He accepted a TED award in February and explained his philosophy: (check out his TED speech). I’ll find a way to send it to him and hopefully he can take a quick pic with the spork that I could post to the blog!

Thanks so much for voting in the poll! I’m giving away a spork in each of the following months: April, May and June. I’ll put up May’s poll in a couple weeks.

Ed, maybe you’ll win next month! And I adore the First Lady, but I’m happy that she didn’t win because I don’t feel comfortable sending a titanium spork to the White House!

9 Responses to Titanium Spork Award – April

1. King James May 2, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

Very interesting blog! I like the school lunch twist, which sets it apart from a regular cooking blog – of which there are far too many.

2. Anonymous May 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm #

Congratulations to Jamie Oliver.
    I'm just wondering, if it's hot at your school, do they ever have barbecues (as in outdoors)? I know my school does it, but only when it's really hot.

3. ashley schoolar May 2, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

I love that idea, anonymous! This is all so good because I'm a mother of two/age 40 about to enter my junior year of college for Elementary Education. 🙂 Mrs. Q, you provide a wonderful forum for all ideas here.

4. zahirah.com May 3, 2010 at 12:28 am #

I LOVE the idea of doing a barbecue at school! My schools never did that, but it's a great idea. You can do lots of meat and veggie options with that.

5. Melissa May 3, 2010 at 1:32 am #

I would really love to hear Jamie do an acceptance speech for his titanium spork! 🙂

Congrats, Jamie!! 🙂

6. Anonymous May 3, 2010 at 5:15 am #

Cookout days were the best! Probably not the healthiest, but they were awesome. Our lunch ladies always cooked everything too, and we were lucky enough to have these great big grills for cookouts. We would always have at least hot dogs, hamburgers, and baked beans. Sometimes we would get italian sausage or chicken. They always grilled peppers and onions too. Yum!

7. gih May 3, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

That's great for him, a warm greetings here. And next time, who gonna win that earns highest votes?

8. Joseph and Jenny Quacklemeister May 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm #

*pout* I voted for Tara.

9. Talon May 4, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

WOO HOO!! Go Jamie!! *beams* He's doing a regular youtube thing so maybe when he gets the spork, he'll feature it in one of his vids!! That would rock!!