I’m wiped out after eating school food in 2010. I can’t really muster enough strength to think about my goals for 2011. I did write some goals for 2010 and I want to share with you how I wrote them. I write yearly, personal resolutions (and that’s when I got the idea for this blog a year ago!!) and make sure they […]
**This post is written for people who read the blog via email or a bookmarked link. Those who already use an RSS reader, please comment on the post with additional tips** When I first found out about blogs in 2004, it was a revelation. I was thrilled to find that I could read people’s thoughts […]
I can’t believe I never announced who you voted for as the recipient of the October/November Titanium Spork Award Winner…. Ed Bruske! I went through my posts from December and wouldn’t you know it, I never announced that he had won (even though the poll results hung out there on my sidebar forever…). I have […]
I’d like to start a book club and read one food-related book every two months. In the future, we’ll work together to choose a title, but I’d like to propose Free For All: Fixing School Food in America for our first book title. I bought this book back in February and then I ran out of time […]
From Working Mother Nov/Dec 2010 I hope you are having a terrific holiday with your family and loved ones. I’m excited to have all my favorite people in one room. This happens only once a year, if we’re lucky, and my son is so happy being the center of it all. What special foods are you eating […]
My favorite thing about this picture? The neck rolls.My least favorite thing? He has grown out of that sweater in the three weeks since we put the tree up. Thank you readers for following me along on this journey. I ate school lunch all year for my students. I think about them a lot when […]
Tomato soup everywhere My mom remarked, “I can’t drive at night.”Me, “Why not?”My mom, “I have a padiddle.” I could not be more excited about the holidays. All I can think about is seeing my sister who I haven’t seen since July and the luxury of having my mom here for days on end. Of course […]
A friend reminded me, “It’s your little guy’s third Christmas!” I almost didn’t believe her. Wow. He should be an old pro at this now. Our little guy doesn’t understand Santa. That’s fine with me. I have avoided the topic completely because I don’t want him to be scared by the idea of a weird man coming into our house. […]
Connect with Mrs Q
- Sara: How did you earn the money? I would love to have ...
- Big Poppa Cook: It seems as if you enjoy reading cookbooks. Why no...
- AmyRyb: We've been eating seeds for weeks! I did a coupl...
- Donna @ What the Dog Ate: Thank you for the giveaway....
- Barbara H: Should be an interesting book by a mystery writer....
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Vitamix Cookbook November 24, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime November 22, 2015
- Thankful Cookbook Giveaway: Duff Bakes November 18, 2015
- Recent media: 20 Inspiring Women in Food November 17, 2015
- Keep fit with incentives November 4, 2015